Sunday, January 25, 2009

(Another) New Camera - Update

Here are some test pictures I took with my new Foto-Flex camera. As I mentioned yesterday this camera has a plain frosted glass viewfinder that reflects a minimum amount of light.

First up are some indoor shots - they're of a metal horse silhouetted in front of a desk lamp, positioned about 2-1/2 feet in front of the camera. For the second shot I placed a piece of red tissue paper in front of the lamp:



Here are some outdoor shots I took in the back yard. One thing that is apparent is how grainy the pictures look. I figured out this is because the digital camera is focusing on the frosted surface of the viewfinder. Not that that's a bad thing - just something to be aware of. Secondly, you get a bright spot in the center of the viewfinder, probably because the viewfinder is just a flat piece of glass instead of having a convex surface to diffuse the light. The first two photos are slightly out of focus:








The last two photos have an Albert Pinkham Ryder vibe that I really like, and also reminds me of this:

No comments: