Sunday, May 17, 2009

More Test Patterns (again)

Here's another larger Test Pattern. I used this piece as a starting point and although the colors and brushwork came out differently, I think I'm happy with the end result- this one is 12 x 12 inches square:




I also did a third 12 x 12 in. piece that just didn't work out - I altered the composition somewhat from the
original study, and then couldn't get the colors to match up to my satisfaction. I still had hopes that the piece would pull together when I added the final collage element but nope, it just didn't work - the overall composition was static and just had no "bounce" and the dark green square at the top center was too dominant. Oh, well - time to break out the power tools, sand it down, and start over again:

2 comments:

Eric said...

I like it!

Gretchen said...

Beautiful Robin!! Beautiful!